BECOME A PILOT IN THE ARMED FORCES
All the three branches of the Indian Armed Forces have a provision for aspirants who want to serve the nation as Combat Pilots through NDA, CDS, OTA and AFCAT. The consolidated details for type of entries in different services are as follows:
The Airforce provides ample opportunities for Combat Pilots to fly Fighters, Transports and Helicopters through NDA, CDS and AFCAT.
- NDA an NA entry with Physics and Maths in 10+2.
- CDS entry after graduation from a recognized University in any subject with Physics and Maths in 10+2.
- AFCAT (Airforce Common Admission Test) entry for short service commission.
The Army provides opportunities to fly as Combat Helicopter pilots in various roles through NDA, CDS and OTA.
- NDA Army Cadet entry.
- CDS entry.
- Short Service Commission entry.
The Naval Air arm provides opportunities for pilots to fly Fighters, Transports and Helicopters in the Navy through NDA , CDS and NA.
- NDA Navy with Physics and Maths in 10+2.
- Naval Academy with Physics and Maths in 10+2.
- CDS entry with BE/B.Tech in graduation.